The Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme wants to hear about the NDIS workforce, from workers (including workers with disability) and participants.
The committee will inquire and report on the workforce providing NDIS services with particular reference to:
- The current size and composition of the NDIS workforce and projections at full scheme
- Challenges in attracting and retaining the NDIS workforce, particularly in regional and remote communities
- The role of Commonwealth Government policy in influencing the remuneration, conditions, working environment (including Workplace Health and Safety), career mobility and training needs of the NDIS workforce
- The role of State, Territory and Commonwealth Governments in providing and implementing a coordinated strategic workforce development plan for the NDIS workforce
- The interaction of NDIS workforce needs with employment in adjacent sectors including health and aged care
- The opportunities available to, and challenges experienced by people with disability currently employed, or wanting to be employed, within the NDIS workforce, and other matters.
Submission closing date is April 16, 2020.
Committee Secretariat contact:
Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme
PO Box 6100
Canberra ACT 2600
Phone: +61 2 6277 3083
Fax: +61 2 6277 5829
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch with Freedom2live editor Kymberly Martin at [email protected]
Sign up to Freedom2Live’s newsletter