To help reduce the incidence of hip fractures a new range of SafeHip AirX products is now available. SafeHip features patented AirX shield technology that uses an energy shunting technique to take the full impact by dispersing the energy from the fall away from the hip area. Clinical trials have shown that SafeHip can significantly reduce the incidence of hip fractures and the product has been tested on 7000 people worldwide.
There are three SafeHip models in the new line-up: the Active Belt – for use in rehabilitation and training centres or at home during the mobilisation phase. Key features include:
- Velcro and sewn-in hip protector shields for temporary requirements for active elderl people who are worried about falling
- Can be used over or under normal clothing
- Ideal for outdoor leisure activities such walking and hiking
- Easy to put on and take off for users and care givers
- Belt made from breathable material for comfort
- Washable at 40⁰C in size S to XXL
The Unisex version is for people requiring intensive nursing care and can be worn with sanitary pads for light incontinence or worn over underwear. The Open model is for those with double or heavy incontinence and can be worn under an adult nappy. Both are available in XS to XXL, are washable up to 95⁰C, can be tumbled dried at high temperatures and comply with disinfection control requirements.
It is estimated that more than 20,000 Australians and New Zealanders suffer a hip fracture each year and the majority of fractures occur in women. (See new guidelines for hip fractures in news).
For more information visit: www.statina.com.au