National Disability Services (NDS) is hosting NDIS Provider Forums across NSW. Replicating the annual round of regional provider forums, the sessions give local providers the opportunity to come together to network, share local experiences and develop and implement solutions to local issues.
The program will include:
- An update from NDS NSW on key activity and policy
- An update and Q&A from the NDIA, including an overview of the new 2020-2021 Price Guide and catalogue and transition to new LAC arrangements
- An update from the NDIS Commission with the opportunity to ask questions
- A discussion with Ministry of Health around the interface between the local health district and local disability providers
- An opportunity to share what has been tried and learnt as a sector as it responded to COVID-19 and continue to adapt to what is a ‘new business as usual’.
The virtual forums are being held in partnership with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Commission and the NSW Ministry of Health with teams and representatives from each joining the sessions.
Forums will be held in most regions across NSW and providers are encouraged to register for the forum that is focused on their local area as information specific to the region will be provided.
Forums have not been scheduled where there are existing network meetings or roundtables that engage the NDIA, LAC’s and providers in an effort not to replicate or disrupt these arrangements.
Forums are free but registration is essential and numbers will be limited to ensure forums remain interactive.
Dates and locations:
June 16: Northern NSW and Central Coast
June 22: New England and Mid North Coast
June 25: Illawarra/Shoalhaven and Southern NSW
June 29: Western Sydney and Northern Sydney
July 1: Newcastle Hunter and Far West and Western NSW.
For more information: www.nds.org.au and go to: Events & Training.