International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) has developed a range of resources to help schools, community groups and organisations plan their IDPwD event or activity.
The Focus on Ability Short Film Festival will be showcased nationwide on SBS on December 3. This 65-minute documentary, featuring stories from various corners of the globe, will be broadcast at 4:25 PM and subsequently accessible On Demand. Additionally, the film content will be available to community groups, councils, and organisations across the country to enrich their events.
- Event information kits – IDPwD event ideas for schools, community groups and workplaces that covers key messages and tips for hosting an inclusive event.
- Promotional assets – Virtual meeting backgrounds, email signatures, and a range of printable resources.
- Social media – Suggested posts and tiles to help promote IDPwD on social media.
- Logo guidelines – Information about how to use the IDPwD logo to create promotional material.
- Fact sheets – Learn more about IDPwD and how to get involved. Available in Easy Read, Auslan and 12 languages other than English.
- Classroom resources – Curriculum aligned lesson ideas and activity sheets to help start important conversations about disability inclusion. Subjects covered include English, History, Mathematics, Science and Art.
Check the community events calendar for IDPwD events and activities in your area or online. If you are holding an event and would like it to be added to the community events calendar, go to the register an event page.
There is the option of keeping an event private or registering it as a public event to be featured on the website for the community to see.
Visit www.idpwd.com.au for more information, resources, videos and stories.
Watch the 11 IDPwD Ambassador’s videos on the IDPwD website.