The latest ARATA webinar will provide a practical guide to controlling lighting, air conditioning, front door security, TV and other devices in the home.
Participants will be introduced to:
- Assessment of access methods, the person’s capabilities and context, their priorities and internet access
- Control of a mobile phone by voice, stylus or pointing device
- Control of Television by voice control within TV, TV apps, or voice control via universal remote.
- Control of air conditioner by voice or apps
- Controlling front door security via video intercom and other methods
- Controlling lighting by voice, apps and Z-wave systems.
The webinar will be being presented by Dr Graeme Smith, a leading practitioner in environment control.
Smith is founder and executive director of Ability Technology that assists people with disability to access a computer, tablet or phone effectively and train and support them in this process. The technology enables them to speak, write, read, manage their lives, be creative, share in the community, communicate, study, work and control home appliances.
Clients include people with physical, cognitive and/or sensory disabilities.
As well as assessing the technology needs of people with a disability since 1990, Smith has undertaken a range of national research projects in the area of disability and technology. His expertise is frequently sought in the legal, education, employment and disability sectors. He has contributed to various levels of government in the area of assistive technology, as well as presenting at conferences in Australia and overseas.
DATE: October 15, 2020; 4.00pm-5.15pm (AEDT – note the commencement of daylight saving).
Details will be provided to registrants via email prior to the live broadcast and a live caption service will be provided during the webinar.
COST: ARATA Members – $40.00 plus GST
Non-Members – $70.00 plus GST
Not a member of ARATA? Click here to join now