Do you run a program or service in Victoria that is making a difference to the lives of people with disability?
Then the Melbourne Disability Institute’s Community-Based Research Scheme at the University of Melbourne could be for you. The scheme provides research support and evaluation for innovative programs that are making a difference to the lives of people with disability, their families and carers.
To be eligible the organisation must:
· Provide support or services to people with a disability, their family or carers
· Be small to medium size – less than 200 employees
· Have limited capacity to conduct research
· Be based in Victoria, or the program must be based in Victoria
· Include a statement how people with a disability, their family or carers are involved in your organisation, and how they will be involved in the research project.
Research support can include a scoping report, literature review, data analysis or a small research project that can lead to outcomes such as improved service delivery, the development of new services, improved ability to advocate effectively or improved capacity to undertake future research projects. It is not intended to evaluate a core business or service.
Each community organisation will be matched with a researcher from the University of Melbourne with relevant expertise, who will work with them to help design and deliver a feasible research project.
Programs will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The program or service aims to build the capacity of people with disability, their family or carers to live engaged, self-directed and fulfilling lives
- People with disability will be involved in assessing the impact and value of the program or service
- The research question or questions have been chosen or informed by people with a disability, their families or carers
- People with disability and their families and carers will be involved throughout the research project
- The research will lead to knowledge that can be used by the community organisation as well as other organisations to benefit people with disability.
Applications close August 12, 2021.
For more information contact: [email protected] or Phone: 03 9035 7775.