New resource makes the hiring process more accessible on web and digital environments. It follows requests from charity groups, government and business for specific information on how best to accommodate and interact with people who have disability.
Not-for-profit digital accessibility advocate, Media Access Australia have produced the new booklet, Accessible Recruitment Guide, that gives practical guidance to HR and hiring managers, recruitment specialists, disability advocates and diversity and equity teams, on accessibility-related issues.
The guide contains information on:
- The impact of people experiencing disability
- The benefits of workplace diversity
- A digital accessibility checklist for accessible recruitment
- Tips for improving accessible recruitment in digital environments
- Useful digital accessibility checking tools and free resources.
The new guide is a companion to an earlier published guide, is free and can be downloaded by completing the form on the following website: https://mediaaccess.org.au/research-policy/guides/accessible-recruitment-guide