National Disability Summit – Melbourne
August 14 - August 15
The conference will discuss and review the progress and initiatives in supporting people with disabilities and their families to maximise independence and participation by creating greater choice.
Keynotes will be given by NDIS Quality and Safeguards commissioner Graeme Head, Commonwealth Ombudsman Michael Manthorpe and Disability Discrimination Commissioner Dr Ben Gauntlett.
Among the topics for discussion are:
- Health/NDIS: The interface and beyond
- Communication and the NDIS
- A practical guide to NDIS appeals from the perspective of carer advocates
- Working with people who present with complex behaviours within an NDIS framework
- Housing, technology and support design within the NDIS
To submit an event, please contact: Kymberly Martin