A program to help people with disability become community leaders has been launched in Victoria. Leadership Victoria and the Victorian Government are working together to provide a range of training scholarships as part of the Disability Leadership Program.
The program wants to empower people with disability to build their skills and confidence so they can take up leadership roles and speak up for people with disability and to help change the way people think about disability in the community.
Applicants can choose up to five of the training options:
- Leadership Forum and Networking
- Governance Skills workshop
- Mentoring program
- Role Shadowing
- Igniting Leadership program
- Finding Your Leadership Edge program
- Developing Self, Leading Others program
- Women’s Leadership program
- Willamson Disability Scholarship
The program is for people who:
- Have a disability
- Can commit to attending all the program sessions
- Can commit to doing all the program requirements
- Live in Victoria now
- Will be living in Australia for at least the next five years
The program is being provided at no cost but a small fee does apply to the Williamson scholarship. Applications close on September 13, 2017.
For more information visit: www.leadershipvictoria.org/programs/the-disability-leadership-program or Phone: 03 9651 6590 or email: email@example.com