The Disability Loop team from the Australian Federation of Disability Organsisations has developed an information session ‘Getting the Most Out of Your NDIS Plan’ for people with disability, their families and carers, designed to assist with gaining maximum benefit when putting a plan into action.
The sessions are being held online using the meeting program, Zoom. There is also the option to telephone into the meeting. More information will be provided following registration.
The session will be held in two parts, on May 20 and 22, with each session running for approximately one and a half hours.
Part 1 covers:
- The meaning of some NDIS terms and ideas
- Understanding your plan and funding
- Plan management and budgeting
- What supports to put into place first and
- Finding service providers.
Part 2 covers:
- Explaining service agreements and service bookings
- Hearing from a guest speaker from a peer support or advocacy organisation
- NDIS Reviews and how to prepare for them
- Setting goals
- Understanding pricing of supports.
Accessible materials are used and captioning is provided if needed along with a transcript of the session afterwards.
For more information and to register visit: Disability Loop Events page
Or for assistance with registering call: 03 9662 3324 or email: email@example.com.